Wednesday, June 25, 2014

    This will be a short entry, unfortunately I just did not have time to write my experiences with the LOA (Living out ACTS) team from Fayetteville NC.  I will say this that they are a group of found apologist that have a real heart for the truth of God, and that his truth and word be spread to the ends of the earth.  They are lead by a very solid and passionate teacher Kevin Duffy, in whom I'm assured that these young ones will be forever changed and molded for the work of the Gospel.  They carry out their mission in a very special way, and by the results of their work they are very committed to what it is that God has called them to.  They perform dramas that portray everything from the fall of man, death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  After each drama Kevin has trained these young ones to be able to explain exactly what was being portrayed and where it is that they derive their explanation.  They seen many salivations and are a very committed team that continues to return every year with new faces, and new dramas to share the message.
    I was sad Sunday not to see this team off, I meet many people on this team that I will continue to pray for and pray that God stirs up a mighty work in their hearts.  The reason I was not able to see them off was I experienced my first battle with stomach issues in Honduras.  I have no doubt that it could have been worse, that being said it's been along time since I felt like I was going to die from pain.  I'm not sure the cause of it, although I do feel like the schedule that we had the last week was probably a factor in it.  We literally traveled from the Caribbean coast to the pacific coast in a 36 hour period.  In between we dropped a team of ten and picked up the LOA team of twenty.  Then the rest of the week traveling to a village about two hours away to minister to a high school there.  They even spent their tourist day sharing their hearts, and captured a large audience in the square of the valley of the angles.  All in all I would have to say their efforts were a complete success, very proud to have had a chance to serve along side these young apologists.  Well we are already hosting another team so I'm off to the next adventure stay tuned.

   All support is appreciated as this life's work cannot be done with out God and his support through His people. Prayer support and financial support are always in need. If you are able to support financially please visit http://www.ignitemissions.org/#!contact/c175r this will take you directly to the support link. Simply follow the provided directions and add Coy Houston Davis in the memo line. Thank you for your support emotionally, spiritually, prayerfully, and financially.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment